Terms of Service
Your Path to an Excellent Experience
If you plan to become a client (“Client”) of Laurelow, L.L.C. (“Provider”) by purchasing any service(s) (“Service”/”Services”) and/or physical product(s) (“Deliverable”/”Deliverables”) from this U.S.-based website, please read these terms of Service (“Terms of Service,” “Agreement”) carefully before using the Laurelow website (“Website”).
Conditions of Use
By continuing to use and make purchases on this website, Client confirms that they are aware of and willing to comply with this agreement.
With the permission of a parent or guardian, any minor may browse the site, but Clients must be 18 (eighteen) and older.
Services and Transactions
Location & Delivery of Services
Electronic Communications and Electronic Signatures. Client agrees to be bound by any affirmation, assent, or agreement they transmit through this website, including but not limited to any consent they give to receive communications from Provider solely through electronic transmission. Client agrees that, when in the future, they click on an “I agree,” “I consent,” or other similarly worded “button” or entry field with a mouse, keystroke, or other computer device, their agreement or consent will be legally binding and enforceable and the legal equivalent of a handwritten signature.
Creative Direction. After purchasing any project, Client shall use the relevant form in this website’s portal to schedule any necessary video consultation(s) and submit their project requirements. All other exchange of information necessary for the project’s completion must take place 1.) during the scheduled video consultation(s) and/or 2.) through email.
Location. Provider shall fulfill Services for Client virtually and/or at the offices of Provider.
File Retrieval. If Client has ordered Services from Provider, Provider may digitally re-send any files through email at Client’s request for up to two years after a project’s completion date.
Accuracy. Clients are responsible for the accuracy of any information they enter when becoming users, as well as any activities that occur within their accounts.
Removal of Accounts. Provider reserves all rights to remove accounts, which may also involve canceling orders and ceasing communication with Clients, at Provider’s discretion.
Payment Methods. Transactions within the website accept credit cards and debit cards (the only options for monthly subscriptions), Apple Pay/Google Pay, and/or Stripe Link.
Payment Schedule. Every invoice sent to Client’s email from this Website is due within 10 days of its send date.
Additional Charges. In addition to prices Client agrees to pay at checkout, Client may incur any of the following charges.
- When required to deliver Services within the continental United States and outside of a 25-mile radius of Sterling Heights, Michigan coordinates 42.624687952163114 and -82.97718033881316, Provider shall be reimbursed for all travel costs billed through this Website, including but not limited to 1.) all time spent in transit ($40 per hour), 2.) rental vehicle payment(s), 3. ridesharing services (variable cost), 4.) $0.60 for each mile driven, and 5.) plane ticket(s) (variable cost).
- There may be annual or semiannual out-of-pocket charges to renew Client’s domain name(s). Provider shall bill these and any similar charges to Provider at their cost, and Provider shall pay these costs in addition to the fees owed to Provider, billed through this Website.
- When agreeing with Client to services outside of the scope of any project, Provider may also charge a rate of $40 per hour, billed through this Website.
Refunds. According to Provider’s 30-day guarantee, the return of all payment(s) for Services is permitted if all of the following are true:
- Client and their company requesting such refund had signed their first contract with Provider less than one month prior,
- Client has not already explicitly approved the final virtual or physical delivery of their project(s) in writing,
- Client agrees to never receive and/or use any of Provider’s files and/or Deliverables, and
- Client does not transact with Laurelow at any future time following their refunded purchase.
Reimbursements for travel are non-refundable.
Payment Disputes. Any payment dispute is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Each lowest-tier (Starter) plan shall be completed by Provider (excluding shipping of Deliverables) within 14 days of purchase. Client may approve before or after this deadline.
- Each middle-tier (Standard) plan shall be completed by Provider (excluding shipping of Deliverables) within 21 days of purchase. Client may approve before or after this deadline.
- Each highest-tier (Signature) plan shall be completed by Provider (excluding shipping of Deliverables) within 30 days of purchase. Client may approve before or after this deadline.
Subscription Service Completion. Purchases of monthly marketing content are governed by the following terms:
- The subscription shall commence on the date of the initial payment or as otherwise specified in the subscription agreement.
- The subscription duration shall be as indicated in the subscription agreement, with the option for cancellation at any time.
- All subscriptions are set to automatically renew on the same day each month unless canceled. Client shall be notified about their first renewal date during this website’s checkout process.
- Each request for marketing content, including up to five variations of that request, shall be completed and/or revised within 60 hours of the request being sent through this Website.
Cancellation, Rescheduling, and No-Shows. If Client desires to cancel Services, reschedule Services, or if it becomes impossible for Provider to render Services due to the fault of the Client or parties related to Client, Client shall provide notice to Provider as soon as possible via email.
Postponement. If Client is unable to respond to Provider’s email communication(s) within four days of any message sent by Provider and/or if Client has had an outstanding payment balance for over ten days, both parties shall mutually agree on a revised timeline for project completion via email. Any adjustments to the schedule shall be documented in writing.
If Client enters into an agreement in which Provider creates and/or maintains their website:
Hosting of Website. Client retains the Provider to use Provider’s third-party web-hosting server, including hypertext, graphics, audio, video, input forms, and hyperlinks.
Provider’s Responsibilities. The Provider shall perform all reasonably necessary duties and responsibilities during the term of this Agreement to host the Client’s website on the Provider’s network.
Limitations of Service. Unfortunately, computers need routine maintenance and sometimes break down. Also, Provider cannot control the timing or volume of attempts to access Provider’s server. As a result, Provider does not guarantee that Client or any third parties will be able to access the Client Website at any particular time. Client agrees that their use of the services and the Internet is solely at Client’s risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. Provider assumes no responsibility for any commercial transactions attempted or completed involving Client’s website.
Continued Hosting After Termination. Provider shall continue to host Client’s website for up to one month (30 days) after the effective date of termination.
Forwarding Notice and Hyperlink. Immediately on termination of this Agreement, Client shall notify Provider of their new website address, if any, and Provider shall forward the old domain name to Client’s new website for a period of one month (30 days) after the effective date of termination.
Shipping. Provider either a.) delivers original artwork and prints (Deliverables) of their workspace art packages to the corporate office(s) of Client, or b.) mails the Deliverables within the continental United States to the office(s) of Client.
Delivery. Deliveries within the continental United States commonly take between 5 and 12 business days. Shipping to other states of the U.S. may take up to 30 business days, varying by shipping provider and location.
Provider’s Protection and Handling. Provider shall take all necessary precautions to ensure the protection and preservation of the Deliverables before they are delivered, including but not limited to:
- Before shipping, the Provider shall store the Deliverables in a safe and controlled environment, free from extreme temperature fluctuations, direct sunlight, moisture, and other environmental factors that may cause damage to the artworks.
- Provider shall ensure that the Deliverables are handled and shipped with care and caution, using appropriate techniques and materials. They shall not engage in any actions that may result in the physical damage, alteration, or degradation of the Deliverables.
- Provider agrees to purchase shipping insurance for any shipped order of Deliverables.
Client’s Protection and Handling. Client shall also take all necessary precautions to ensure the protection and preservation of the Deliverables once they are received, including but not limited to:
- The Client shall store the Deliverables in a safe and controlled environment, free from extreme temperature fluctuations, direct sunlight, moisture, and other environmental factors that may cause damage to the artworks.
- The Client shall ensure that the Deliverables are handled with care and caution, using appropriate techniques and materials as recommended by the Provider. The Client shall not engage in any actions that may result in the physical damage, alteration, or degradation of the Deliverables.
- If desired, the Client shall maintain optional insurance coverage from a third party for the Deliverables at their own expense, ensuring that the artwork is adequately protected against theft, loss, or damage.
Remediation of Mishandled Deliverables. In the event that Client becomes aware of any damage to or loss of the Deliverables during the shipping process, they shall promptly notify Provider in writing of the situation, specifying the nature and extent of the damage or loss. Together, Client and Provider shall determine the most appropriate course of action to remediate the mishandled Deliverables. The options may include but are not limited to:
- If the damage is reparable, Provider shall undertake the necessary restoration work at no extra cost.
- If the Deliverables are lost or irreparably damaged, Provider may be responsible for covering the cost of creating replacement artwork at their discretion.
Portfolio Review. Client will spend a satisfactory amount of time reviewing Provider’s work and has a reasonable expectation that Provider will perform the Services in a similar manner and style unless otherwise specified in this Agreement.
Variations in Style. Provider will use reasonable efforts to ensure Client’s desired Services are produced in a style and manner consistent with Provider current portfolio and Provider will try to incorporate any reasonable suggestion made by Client. However, Client understands and agrees that:
- Every client is different, with different tastes, budgets, and needs;
- Provider’s services are often a subjective art and Provider has a unique vision, with an ever-evolving style and technique;
- Provider will use their artistic judgment when providing Services for Client, which may not include strict adherence to Client’s suggestions;
- Although Provider will use reasonable efforts to incorporate Client’s suggestions and desires when providing Client with the Services, Provider shall have final say regarding the aesthetic judgment and artistic quality of the Services;
- Dissatisfaction with Provider’s aesthetic judgment or artistic ability are not valid reasons for termination of this Agreement or request of any monies returned.
Intellectual Property. In the event that any copyrighted work(s) are created as a result of the services provided by Provider, Provider owns all copyrights in any and all work(s) they create or produce pursuant to federal copyright law (Title 17, Chapter 2, Section 201-02 of the United States Code), whether registered or unregistered. However, Provider shares these copyrights with Client, who may use all work(s) how they see fit.
Limitation on Liabilities
Client agrees that the maximum amount of damages he or she is entitled to in any claim relating to this Agreement or Services provided in this Agreement are not to exceed the Total Cost of Services provided by Provider.
Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Provider and their affiliates, employees, agents and independent contractors for any injury, property damage, liability, claim or other cause of action arising out of or related to Services and/or product(s) Provider offers to Client.
All legal rights and liabilities subject to this agreement are governed by the laws of the State of Michigan.
Choice of Forum
All legal disputes are required to be brought in either the 41A Judicial District Court in Sterling Heights, Michigan or the 16th Judicial Circuit Court for the State of Michigan, where appropriate based upon the jurisdictional amount of damages claimed.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed to be illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement remain in full force.
Modifications to Terms of Service
Provider may revise this Agreement at any time, and Client agrees to be bound by the revised Agreement. Any such modifications will become effective on the date they are first posted to this site. It is Client’s responsibility to return to this Agreement from time to time to review the most current terms and conditions. Provider does not and will not assume any obligation to notify Client of changes to this Agreement.
Laurelow welcomes comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.